Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few mapping Questions

4 posters

Go down

A few mapping Questions Empty A few mapping Questions

Post  Lor Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:55 pm

Hey guys,

1)Im new to the warband mapping. Ive read in turaynnin(?)'s tutorial (on taleworlds) that he ignores the "place river" when he generates a terrain. It made me think that you could possibly add water from another method - is that so?

2)Personnally Ive used the "place river" to get what I wanted. I found that If I wanted to widen my river - it would cause some texture glitch\anomalies once I loaded it - therefore I could only narrow my river down. Is there a way to widen a water mass. Or does it all happen in the terrain generation?

3)What does the water_river prop do ( I tried and it crashed the editor) ?

4)Is there a special way to work the sea_foam prop - Ive placed it on my river and it did not show up?

5)Leaving the vegetation slider to "none" in the terrain generator. My final terrain still ended up with lots of flowers/grass on the turf - is there a way to get rid of those other than raising the ground?

Thanks!

Lor
Associate

Back to top Go down

A few mapping Questions Empty Re: A few mapping Questions

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:13 pm

1> Any terrain under about -1 meter in height will be under water. Simply lower terrain till you see water. (see answer 2)

2> Terrain tool can alter height and smooth edges. Its a button on the top of the editor.

3> Simply adds a water area to wherever you place it, however take note that anyone on a lower plane than it will see blue if they look up. Thus mappers rarely use it.

4> Its a little tricky, just move it around till you see the foam then place it. Try starting by double clicking the prop so it appears in front of the screen then move it where you want it.

5> When you generate your terrain you can change the flora by zooming in to the ground in the terrain editor, then seed a new batch of vegetation on the bottom then generate again till you get the veggies you want.

On a final note, try pressing the "help" button in the editor it has a lot of useful information. If you have any more questions feel free to ask!
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

https://cegmb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lor Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Thanks, that clears things up.

Another Question:

Is there a maximum height for maps?

Lor
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:03 pm

Lor wrote:Thanks, that clears things up.

Another Question:

Is there a maximum height for maps?

I am not overly sure, but I was on a map someone made that had a sky fortress where if you jumped off the edge, it took 30 seconds of falling before you hit the ground. So for practical reasons, no there is no height limit.
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Eidridin Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:51 pm

You can change flora types in the terrain editor?

If you want to get rid of automatically placed flora on the map, you can paint an area with any texture brush or paint brush, and then restarting your map to see the changes.

Eidridin
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Eidridin wrote:You can change flora types in the terrain editor?

If you want to get rid of automatically placed flora on the map, you can paint an area with any texture brush or paint brush, and then restarting your map to see the changes.

Yes, as I said, hold right click and slide the mouse to get in close to the ground. Then click "seed" next to vegetation button on the bottom and regenerate the map. You will see new grass on the floor. Continue doing this till you get the grass you want. Alternatively, if you are code savvy you can change the part of the terrain code manually to enter the vegetation you want.
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

A few mapping Questions Empty elevators/doors/bridge

Post  Lor Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Hey guys,

I have a few more interrogations,

1)I've been wanting to do an elevator just like in a couple maps (whose names I cant remember). But they are both on rotation on GK - they're activated by winch_b. Is it simply a special prop that goes up - and how to set the final height?

2)On a similar note - I figure loading these specific maps would help me understand how its done. But I can't seem to find the proper .sco-s . How do you go about loading a map that you dl-ed playing on the server.

3) Can you change the health of a door, i.e. Id like to make door sturdier - is there a "var" I can modify?

4) How do you get the drawbridge to work - does it need a winch_b ?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Lor
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:58 pm

1> The elevator code is actually a mod that Madoc made which is Native compatible. It will eventually be released for public use, but I can give you the codings now so you can add them to your props. The only problem is that for specific things like elevator height you will not be able to test without the mod installed. That said, if you want to make an elevator you can send me the map and show me where you want it to go to and I will figure out the proper numbers and send it back to you.

2> In your documents folder, you should see a M&B folder. Go into that and you can find the SCO file there along with its terrain code so you can mod it into your build.

3> Yes, refer to the section below with all the triggers.

4> Again, refer to the section below to see the proper trigger.

Native Scene Prop Expansion

I'll type a fancier introduction here later. Here are the list of triggers.

(Variable ids will be referred to as var1 and var2).

Winch_b:
Values for var1:
0 - Affects portcullises
1 - Affects drawbridges (rotates 90 degrees)
2 - Affects draw_bridge_a (slides)
3 - affects ramp12 (like an elevator)

portcullis: var1*var2 (in centimeters) will determine how far up the gate rises. If var1 is 0, the default is used.

draw_bridge_a: slides along its z-axis for a length determined by var1*var2. If var1 is 0, the default is used.

ramp12: slides along its y-axis (rotate it to use it like an elevator) for a length determined by var1*var2. If var1 is 0, the default is used.

weavery_die_pool_r:
Values for var1:
0 - normal
1 - act like a button when hit
Values for var2 is var1=1:
0 - Affects portcullises
2 - Affects draw_bridge_a (slides)

stone_step_a:
Values for var1:
0 - normal
1 - act like a stone trap-trigger when stepped on
Values for var2 is var1=1:
0 - Affects portcullises
2 - Affects draw_bridge_a (slides) (only opens, doesn't close)

weavery_dye_pool_p:
Acts like a bucket of boiling oil when var1 = 1. Suggested resize to x=0.4 y=0.4, z=0.5

barrier_8m
Kills players on contact is var1=1

door_destructible: No longer destructible--teleports players to another door with the same var1 value.
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  mrr.phil Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:35 am

One of the 22nd maps had something along those lines. I think it was "palm island" or something like that.

mrr.phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:44 pm

Not sure what scripting they are using, the above scripts are written by one of our guild masters, Madoc (he doesn't frequent these forums often due to real life pressures).
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Eidridin Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:07 pm

Deaf Blind Dave wrote:Not sure what scripting they are using, the above scripts are written by one of our guild masters, Madoc (he doesn't frequent these forums often due to real life pressures).

Well he is quite active in the Taleworlds Forums.

Eidridin
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down