Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lor's work

4 posters

Go down

Lor's work Empty Lor's work

Post  Lor Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:14 am

Hi guys,

I would like to present my ongoing work - that I would also like to get approved and tested eventually. I'm HDN_Lor - I mostly play on GK siege - I was inspired by the recent homemade maps to try my hand at it. I have an history in mapping (in other games).

Im a big fan of Tolkien's work - so I right away went for related maps. I plan on doing mostly M-E maps for now, and siege maps. Since I only play on GK Siege - this is where Id like them to end up.

Rivendell
Lor's work 2011-010

Rivendell was a refuge in a Valley - so I did not want to fortify it too much as it wasn't a castle per se. Still I've garnished it with a Gate.

Red squares = attackers spawn
Blue squares = defender spawns
Attackers start on the High Moors. The main way is down the circling stairs - you can through the bridge which leads to the Gate, and to a tiny ladder by the bridge's side - which itself leads to the rempart where there are multiple options (there is another ladder to get to Gate room - although you can use stairs from other side of gateroom).

Other than the bridge, you can cross through the Fords of Bruinen and escalade the mountain side a little bit to get on the rempart with an easy access to gate room from stairs. Its of course a little longer.

Another way is - right from the spawn, going down a little slopey track on the right side of the mountain to a 14m ladder that gives on a jetty. this will take the attacker to the back of the town, there is a narrow passage that can be defended. This route is a little longer as well.

Getting to flag, there are three platforms with wide stairs. There is a wide stair to get to first platform. There are two sets of stairs to get to the second platform. And there is a bridge to get to the Flag platform.

----

It takes about 25seconds for attackers to get to Gate.
Defenders spawn probably 10-15 secs from Flag.

Of course it needs testing - Ive tried to make it fairly easy for the attacking side.

Tell me what you think.

ps.
I still have to figure out how to export a map yet

Lor's work 2011-011
Lor's work 2011-012
Lor's work 2011-013

Last edited by Lor on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lor
Associate

Back to top Go down

Lor's work Empty Re: Lor's work

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:05 am

Wow that looks amazingly fun!

First, welcome to the guild. Once you complete the map we will add you to the associate usergroup. I would not mind at all hosting your map on a private server for testing and I could gather some of the boys together to help test out. Once we iron out any glitches or bugs I would be happy to host it on the siege server. If you want we can meet on our team speak so we can chat about the map as we explore it.

Exporting maps is pretty simple. Just go into your scjobj folder and look for the proper .SCO file. I will also need the terrain code you used in the module_scenes file. Thats it! You can send those to my email when ready and we can get the ball rolling.
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

https://cegmb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vendigr Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:02 pm

Looks good, and this map looks like it will be a lot of fun to play. If you like, I can give you a lot of terrain/foliage tips.

Vendigr
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Lor Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Thanks guys,

Yes Vendigr - Ill take all the help I can. Are there more tutorials than the 2-3 on the taleworlds forum?

Lor
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Eidridin Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Looks interesting! Can't wait to test!

Eidridin
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:05 am

Great map, I really like some of the touches you added to it. There is a major game breaker bug or two you need to fix, and a lot of minor glitches. We should meet so I can point them out. I will host the map on my private server. We can talk in game chat or on TS3. Just give me a good time for us to meet.
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Lor Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:17 am

Sweet!

I really appreciate you guys testing it.

Sunday afternoon EST might be feasible. Are you guys always on TS3? Steam account? PM me if anything.

Lor
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:49 am

I usually only go on TS3 to handle business, but there is always some people on usually at all times. Sunday works fine, and I will PM you my steam information.
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Eidridin Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Seems like the attacking archers will have no problem sniping out defenders on this map. Do archers on the attacking side have a way to make it up to the hills behind the castle?

Eidridin
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Lor Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:55 pm

Hey, its been a while.

Eidridin - yes attacking archers have higher grounds. Im not sure how that-ll affect gameplay. You could climb up the back-mountain from the side I believe - I remember trying it. However it takes quite some time - Im not sure its worth the effort really.

Ill try and catch dave some time this year Very Happy I moved and have limited time - Id rather play when I get the chance.

Lor
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:23 pm

Well Lor if you want I can handle the few fixes to the map, Mostly just spawn and game play issues nothing really needs to be changed to the map itself. It should only take 10 minutes though to show you what the issues are. I think the map is sweet would be nice to get it online!
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Lor Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:02 am

Oh - go ahead,

do the changes and you can add your name in the credits for all I care. Very Happy I really would like to see it online too.

You can show me later what the issues were. I know there-s a stuck point by the bridge that I forgot to fix.

Thanks a lot,
Regards,

Lor
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:31 am

Nah I don't need any credit you did a great job overall on the map you deserve full credit. I am just lending my experience to the whole thing that's all. I hope in the future you can make more maps I really like this one. Congrats and when I get it online let me know when you want to see it and I will switch the server to the map so you can play it since landing on it in the rotation can be tricky since we have so many maps, unless you plan to play an entire day in a row Wink
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Lor Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:49 am

Sweet!

I really appreciate that - can-t wait to try it and get a bunch of "This map SUCKSS!" Very Happy

I play about once a week nowadays - possibly friday night this week - but I think you have the GK event at that time. Anyways - ill try and catch you sometime.

Thanks again for everything,
Regards,

Lor
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Sweet I am a bit busy right now, trying to close on a home I am buying but the moment I get some free time I will do up the changes and get it into the rotation.
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Lor Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:23 pm

At any rate dave, if you get feedback from the community about things that should be changed. By all means feel free to do them as waiting for me might not be the quickest solution.

Lor
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:59 pm

Will do!
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Since I have agreed to finish the few fixes for this map and since you have taken initiative to better the CEG I wish to welcome you as an associate of the guild!
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Lor's work Empty Fjalltindr

Post  Lor Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:14 pm

Here's my most recent endeavour, nearly done, yet so far.

Fjalltindr is a Nord town on a High-plateau-shaped Island by the seaside.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f49/16/59/93/89/fjall210.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f49/16/59/93/89/fjall310.jpg
Lor's work Fjall110

Blue squares are attackers spawns
Red squares are defenders spawns
Green lines are paths,

Path-1 climbs up the hill and goes through the gate (of course Gate has to be opened - although you can jump over gap with horse). Straight walk to flag when gate is open is 43s from main spawns. Although there are 5 spawns that are 26s from flag. So an average walk of 40s to flag.

Path-2 is the nearest choice (38s to top of battlement) - its a tall ladder that gets you on the battlement, and is right beside the big wooden doors leading to flag area (48s from spawns to Wooden Gates through this route)

Path-3 is another option that leads to a small breakable door (38s from spawn). However its quite open for archers to decimate attackers. Otherwise - breaking it down leads right into flag area, and just by the winch to open Main Gate.

Path-4 is the longer underground path that goes to the center of the town. It takes 54s to get off the tunnel into the town. You may from there join Path-2 and go for wooden Gate (70s total to get to Wooden Gate from tunnel) or you can use Path-5 which goes over a broken-down battlement section and get into Flag area.

---

Ive just finished the bulk work. I still am detailing it - and looking for bugs or uglinesses - So I wont attach sco-s yet, probably this week-end.

Regards,

Last edited by Lor on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lor
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:28 pm

Lor may I suggest adding some trees and bushes and maybe some other forms of hard cover to your Rivendell map? We are getting some major complaints about it being too archer friendly and even calls to remove it from the GK rotation. It could take maybe 15 minutes to add the necessary things. If you would like I could give it a go unless you wanted to do it or do not want to do it at all. Let me know whats up.

Also looking forward to seeing your next project! Smile
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Lor Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:59 pm

Hey dave,

sure go ahead. The two times ive played it - it made a rather good impression on people. Although it must depend on the factions used. I wouldn-t put the vaegirs on attack. But sure - you can modify it at will, its fine by me.

Regards,

Lor
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down