Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KissMyAxe application: Castle Snorkel

5 posters

Go down

KissMyAxe application: Castle Snorkel Empty KissMyAxe application: Castle Snorkel

Post  KissMyAxe Thu May 19, 2011 5:20 pm

This is my first castle and I am submitting it for membership in CEG. With any luck, it's going live on US_GK_Siege tonight. Can't wait to see people play on it! Much thanks to Deaf Blind Dave for mentoring me and just making it happen. Also, thanks to JaXm and Vendigr for helpful critique during testing.

Introducing Castle Snorkel! Exclusively on GK_Siege. Suggested number of players: 40-60, but might be playable with as low as 20 players.
KissMyAxe application: Castle Snorkel Mb1s
The castle is a wooden one. It was built by either Nords or Vaegirs. It's situated on an island in the middle of a river. It's a small trade post or, maybe, a customs center for the trade routes along the river.

The entry points are marked red, attacker spawns blue, defender spawns green, the flag is black-and-white.
KissMyAxe application: Castle Snorkel Mb2gi

Entry points
Front gate and ladder:
KissMyAxe application: Castle Snorkel Mb8t

The dock entrance:
KissMyAxe application: Castle Snorkel Mb9x

The "Fireman's ladder" in the back:
KissMyAxe application: Castle Snorkel Mb5ki
KissMyAxe application: Castle Snorkel Mb6f

The secret underwater entrance, which gave the castle its name:
KissMyAxe application: Castle Snorkel Mb10
KissMyAxe application: Castle Snorkel Mb11cn
KissMyAxe application: Castle Snorkel Mb13u
KissMyAxe application: Castle Snorkel Mb3qv

KissMyAxe
Associate

Back to top Go down

KissMyAxe application: Castle Snorkel Empty Re: KissMyAxe application: Castle Snorkel

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Thu May 19, 2011 7:29 pm

Tested the map, its complete and good. Welcome to the guild associate!
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

https://cegmb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

KissMyAxe application: Castle Snorkel Empty Re: KissMyAxe application: Castle Snorkel

Post  Eidridin Fri May 27, 2011 8:01 pm

Nice map! I love how you put the fish in! But if I were you, I would move the fish closer to the cieling so that they won't get in the way of anything.

Eidridin
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Spec Sat May 28, 2011 3:40 am

They have no collision boxes afaik, you can walk right through them, so they shouldn't be a problem Smile

Spec
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Eidridin Sat May 28, 2011 11:41 am

Spec wrote:They have no collision boxes afaik, you can walk right through them, so they shouldn't be a problem Smile
Yeah, but I was thinking if it is going to be for looks it wouldn't look as corny if players can move through them.

Eidridin
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  KissMyAxe Sat May 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Eidridin wrote:Yeah, but I was thinking if it is going to be for looks it wouldn't look as corny if players can move through them.
I'll think about it. To be honest, there's not enough space above the players' heads in that tunnel.

Last edited by KissMyAxe on Sat May 28, 2011 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

KissMyAxe
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Sat May 28, 2011 8:49 pm

I personally think the fish are fine afro
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

https://cegmb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lor Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:04 pm

A very balanced map. Its always very close till the last minute.

I really like this one.

Lor
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down