Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCO vs Code

2 posters

Go down

SCO vs Code Empty SCO vs Code

Post  Lor Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:02 pm

Hey guys,

I need some clarification regarding what the scene code affects.

Assuming you generated whatever terrain, pasted the code, compiled, loaded your map.

Now is everything you are doing from the Editor affecting the .sco only. If you generate a terrain and then shape it completely different in the editor, Im assuming it all goes in the .sco right.

So what is the scene code useful for other than selectin the outer_terrain & its size? The actual hills, rivers, and stuff are not fixed to the code are they.

---

I generated a fairly flat terrain - but it turned out to be too big for nothing. I want to reduce it. What should I do, should I re-generate a smaller land - or is that gonna mess up my work on the sco.

Thanks,

Lor
Associate

Back to top Go down

SCO vs Code Empty Re: SCO vs Code

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:53 pm

The scene code is the template which the SCO builds on. If you alter the code it will affect the sco as well. To see that in action, just swap out a scene code from another map with one you are working on and your terrain will be all messed up.

As for your final question, it would depend on elevation I would say. Since the hills and crags might be slightly different it would probably affect the current SCO as well. A simple solution would be to not fill in the outer areas of the map and then simply put in barriers so players cannot access those outer areas.
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

https://cegmb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum