Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions and Warband:ROCK

3 posters

Go down

Introductions and Warband:ROCK Empty Introductions and Warband:ROCK

Post  Duke_Kenneth Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:06 am

Hi all,

I am Duke Kenneth, Knight Commander of the West Knights (well, actually I'm Scott from the Cali suburbs). I enjoy scene editing and seem to be fairly good at it, although new to the 'scene' (heh heh). I haven't made many public scenes; I have more fun working on specialty scenes (such as PTK's Parnassus or wK's Tournament Field) but you may have seen my first WFaS map (replacing Orshek on wK's siege server there).

So, introduction... check, bad pun... check, alright, I can now get to my real reason for posting. I am requesting the services of the Calradia Explorers' Guild.

Currently, I am working on starting up "The Rise of Clans and Kings", or Warband: ROCK. (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,181135.0.html) The basic idea is that we gather as many custom scenes that we can and plot them on a strategic overlay map and then play a turn-based territory control game with different guilds. Think a giant "Risk" game, except instead of rolling the dice to determine the outcome of battles, you play a M&B:W match. Consequently, I need custom scenes. Lots and lots of them! Wink So, I am hoping to find people willing to provide their custom siege and battle scenes to be used for the campaign. Is there anyone here able/ willing to do such? Any help/ support would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Ken

P.S. If your clan isn't registered for the campaign, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!? It's going to be awesome! Laughing Go to the TW thread to find out how to pre-register.

Duke_Kenneth
Associate

Back to top Go down

Introductions and Warband:ROCK Empty Re: Introductions and Warband:ROCK

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:54 pm

Last I checked I believe GK (my clan) is organizing to join the event.

I have already offered Sir Pink all the siege maps I have ever done for his siege server, you are welcome to use them as well. I am not sure about the other mappers here I cannot speak for them.
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

https://cegmb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke_Kenneth Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:21 pm

Excellent! Thanks so much Smile Also, I've contacted Madoc about the possibility of using his early version of the native scene prop expansion. Do you know what the status on that is? It would open up an amazing new host of options to be used by the mappers for the campaign.

Duke_Kenneth
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Not sure you would have to speak to him. He juggles a lot of projects at once. Your best bet to catch him is to PM him on the Taleworld forums. And you are welcome.
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke_Kenneth Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:28 am

Alright. (I tried him there a bit ago but haven't head back yet.)

Hey, on a different note, is the Calradia Explorers Guild still recruiting? (I can't find anything contr-indicating it, but the forum activity is a little low.)

Duke_Kenneth
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:31 am

Yes we are. Mapping takes a long time so you can expect not to see constant posting here. I personally check this forum daily multiple times though. Check out the other sub forum, New Discoveries for more information. Wink
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Eidridin Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:36 am

Hey Kenneth! I'll be making the boring maps for you. You want the Open Plains maps with one or two large hills?

Eidridin
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:37 am

Still waiting for your application to the guild too Razz Unless you changed your mind rabbit
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke_Kenneth Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Eidridin wrote:Hey Kenneth! I'll be making the boring maps for you. You want the Open Plains maps with one or two large hills?

Wow, thanks! I want everything you can give me Razz The campaign map literally spans every kind of terrain, so there's a place for whatever you come up with. There is also no need to ensure balanced spawns, because spawn selection is often an advantage rewarded based on the events of the campaign map.

Deaf Blind Dave wrote:Still waiting for your application to the guild too Unless you changed your mind

Nope, I definitely still want in Very Happy , I've just been a little busy with trying to get the ruleset out (We're actually going to be delayed a few days, FYI Crying or Very sad ) and I don't have screenshots or even access to most of my maps atm (damn steam update). I've got most of them backed up in my email, I just haven't taken the time to reload them into my game flies. Oh, but I do have screenshots of parnassus... I guess I'll post those now and see if that's enough to get in (if not, I'll do a more complete app after the ruleset is out). - Done!

Last edited by Duke_Kenneth on Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Posted my App! :))

Duke_Kenneth
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Eidridin Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:38 pm

I started working on the maps but I didn't have any time to finish them before I had to leave town again. Sorry. Sad

Eidridin
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke_Kenneth Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Eidridin wrote:I started working on the maps but I didn't have any time to finish them before I had to leave town again. Sorry. Sad

No worries. The launch has been delayed a bit so you may still have time to finish. If not though, again, no worries Smile

Duke_Kenneth
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Eidridin Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:33 pm

I will be back by August 9th, is that ahead of launch sequence?

Eidridin
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke_Kenneth Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Eidridin wrote:I will be back by August 9th, is that ahead of launch sequence?

In the middle of it, but still before the custom scene deadline Smile

Duke_Kenneth
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Eidridin Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:00 pm

Dave, can you send Ken the Jukenburga file and scene? I'm on vacation.

Eidridin
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke_Kenneth Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Eidridin wrote:Dave, can you send Ken the Jukenburga file and scene? I'm on vacation.

Ahh, no worries - I can just steal it from GK's Server. Very Happy

Duke_Kenneth
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke_Kenneth Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:21 pm

Duke_Kenneth wrote:
Eidridin wrote:Dave, can you send Ken the Jukenburga file and scene? I'm on vacation.

Ahh, no worries - I can just steal it from GK's Server. Very Happy

It's .sco is just "scn_multi_castle_jukenburga", right?

Duke_Kenneth
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Eidridin Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:30 pm

I think so, yes.

I think you can also download the map by playing it on the GK Siege server as well.

Eidridin
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum