Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sword of Damocles : warlords

3 posters

Go down

Sword of Damocles : warlords Empty Sword of Damocles : warlords

Post  ariel Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:26 am

Hi, I am Ariel,
Right now, I am doing some mapping work for the warband Sword of Damocles mod (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,205.0.html), which take place in the new continent of Panova : there are about 6 new faction, and each faction have about 7, 8 cities, + an astronomical amount of castle.
I am trying to make each faction with a different atmosphere, and I come here to ask the permission to use the Kyuto Castle map made ( by Deafblind dave) as a template for the Zerrikanian Sultanate.
I'd probably need to modify the map a little (make a town around the castle, add some external walls, that sort of thing), if it is alright with the creator.
In a first time I'd probalbly use the same map for all the zerrikanian towns, and then modify each map a little until they are all differenciated.

Right now i am finishing the towns of the wood people (vilanese Duchy), and I have finished the maps for the Aden (another Swadian thingie faction).
Sword of Damocles : warlords Mb10p

Sword of Damocles : warlords Mb5nq

So I accept any help you can get me, any map of town, castle that you can give that could go with the nord, the kerghit, the sarannid...

I am also looking for new scene props, if you know of any that are free of use (statue, new walls, that kind of thing...)

Any help would be appreciated! Very Happy

Thanks!

ariel

Back to top Go down

Sword of Damocles : warlords Empty Re: Sword of Damocles : warlords

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:48 am

Hi Ariel, thanks for posting and having an interest in my work. I would not mind sharing the work with you and allow you to use it. Were you interested in joining the guild? We accept all mappers even mappers who map for mods (say that last sentence 5x real fast). There is no obligations I am just trying to unite the warband community mappers into one guild where we can post and share ideas.

I have made over 30 maps, if you would like we can meet on TS or Vent and I can show you ones I think you may be interested in. Very Happy
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

https://cegmb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ariel Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:14 am

Were you interested in joining the guild? We accept all mappers even mappers who map for mods (say that last sentence 5x real fast). There is no obligations I am just trying to unite the warband community mappers into one guild where we can post and share ideas.
Sure, why not?
The kind of work I do is more atmospheric than anything else, juste a few houses here and here so that the player thinks he is in a big city, but in fact he isn't. Well, you know how native works. I will try to make a little something and show it in the application board
What I especially like in your maps, is that you could see the town from the window of the castle, or maybe have a special room for when you visit a potential wife, that kind of thing.

I have made over 30 maps, if you would like we can meet on TS or Vent and I can show you ones I think you may be interested in.
Great! Now, what is TS or Vent ? Very Happy
Am an oldschool kindofguy, msn, facebook, that kind of things never took on me!

ariel

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:45 am

TS = Team speak, Vent = Ventrilo. They are basically voice chat programs. If you do not want to install one of those we can always chat over Steam. Do you have Steam? I also have xfire but I rarely use it but I can if needed.

I know exactly what you mean about the city thing. I have been using a lot of fake buildings on some of my maps to give it atmosphere. I will post up some pics in my works thread of one of the maps soon. Looking forward to giving you a "tour" of my works.
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

https://cegmb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eidridin Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Mod looks interesting. What is it about?

Eidridin
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum