Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate our forums! (also give feedback)

+3
KissMyAxe
MrX
Deaf Blind Dave
7 posters

Go down

Rate our forums! (also give feedback) Empty Rate our forums! (also give feedback)

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Sat May 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Tell me what you think of our color scheme, pictures etc. If you have feedback for the forum design please post it here for consideration! Cool
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

https://cegmb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rate our forums! (also give feedback) Empty Re: Rate our forums! (also give feedback)

Post  MrX Sun May 08, 2011 12:19 am

The picture at the top seems to be too long for it's box, but that could just be because I'm on my phone.
Overall, I like it.

My suggestion would be to make a thread about it on the cRPG forum, as they seem to have a large group of mappers.

MrX

Back to top Go down

Rate our forums! (also give feedback) Empty Re: Rate our forums! (also give feedback)

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Sun May 08, 2011 12:44 am

MrX wrote:The picture at the top seems to be too long for it's box, but that could just be because I'm on my phone.
Overall, I like it.

My suggestion would be to make a thread about it on the cRPG forum, as they seem to have a large group of mappers.

Hmm It might be your phone, I would guess the resolution would have to be really low like on a phone to have that banner comes across as too wide. Tell me what you think when you see it from a normal PC.

And I will check out the cRPG forums tomorrow and post a link, thanks for the suggestions Smile
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  MrX Sun May 08, 2011 6:15 pm

Deaf Blind Dave wrote:
MrX wrote:The picture at the top seems to be too long for it's box, but that could just be because I'm on my phone.
Overall, I like it.

Hmm It might be your phone, I would guess the resolution would have to be really low like on a phone to have that banner comes across as too wide. Tell me what you think when you see it from a normal PC.

And I will check out the cRPG forums tomorrow and post a link, thanks for the suggestions Smile

Yea, the pictures good now.
The cRPG forums seem to be down at the moment :S

EDIT: Don't really like that double quote color.

MrX

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Sun May 08, 2011 6:39 pm

MrX wrote:
Deaf Blind Dave wrote:
Overall, I like it.

Yea, the pictures good now.
The cRPG forums seem to be down at the moment :S

EDIT: Don't really like that double quote color.

Yikes did not notice that, I will edit it soon thanks
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Sun May 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Better? Smile
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  KissMyAxe Mon May 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Deaf Blind Dave wrote:Tell me what you think of our color scheme, pictures etc. If you have feedback for the forum design please post it here for consideration! Cool
Red on red in the menu is atrocious. Gray on black in post texts is okay, but I'd prefer the plain old black-on-white.

KissMyAxe
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Mon May 09, 2011 8:09 pm

KissMyAxe wrote:
Deaf Blind Dave wrote:Tell me what you think of our color scheme, pictures etc. If you have feedback for the forum design please post it here for consideration! Cool
Red on red in the menu is atrocious. Gray on black in post texts is okay, but I'd prefer the plain old black-on-white.

Hmmm but its more like bright red on a very dark burgundy background. The color code for the background red is literally 0 0 18 (may not be in that order) so its practically black. I will tinker with other color options for the menu colors.
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  MadocComadrin Wed May 18, 2011 3:19 pm

It could use some polishing in my opinion. The stone borders seem to be low quality, and the color scheme could use some tweaking an variation. Also, the wood background is nice in and of itself, but I'm it seems to clash for me. Also, I still have a webserver (dedicated IP) that I plan on keeping, and domain names are pretty cheap. We could move everything there and have greater control. We can talk about it later on steam if you want.

MadocComadrin
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Wed May 18, 2011 3:21 pm

MadocComadrin wrote:It could use some polishing in my opinion. The stone borders seem to be low quality, and the color scheme could use some tweaking an variation. Also, the wood background is nice in and of itself, but I'm it seems to clash for me. Also, I still have a webserver (dedicated IP) that I plan on keeping, and domain names are pretty cheap. We could move everything there and have greater control. We can talk about it later on steam if you want.

Sure that would be good.
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Vendigr Sat May 21, 2011 2:25 pm

The coloration of threads is a bit disorienting because it appears there are no borders for posts.

Nice emoticons though sunny

Vendigr
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Eidridin Fri May 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Pretty cool site! I like how you chose a wooden background. I've asked people in Vikingr and asked Nordous if he wants to come here to this site.

Eidridin
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  CounterPoint Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:47 am

As mentioned before, the quote background color isn't really that great. I suggest instead to use a brown and ligher brown. Look how the top banner brown parchment color looks nice ^ try that with the quote background.

Alternatively, use a dark and lighter grey with white lettering, similiar to what the "post new relpy/topic" background color is....
CounterPoint
CounterPoint
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:56 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I think the problem with subtle changes like the ones you mention are that many monitors display colors differently. I may have to switch to a basic black and white standard for the text areas if people are having a hard time reading this color scheme. To me it is very clear but to others they seem to have trouble reading.
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Eidridin Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:02 pm

Deaf Blind Dave wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. I think the problem with subtle changes like the ones you mention are that many monitors display colors differently. I may have to switch to a basic black and white standard for the text areas if people are having a hard time reading this color scheme. To me it is very clear but to others they seem to have trouble reading.
I suggest running over to a local library and check it out for yourself.

Eidridin
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum