Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuboi of Wolfpack's Work

4 posters

Go down

Stuboi of Wolfpack's Work Empty Stuboi of Wolfpack's Work

Post  Stuboi0 Sat May 07, 2011 7:02 pm

(*COPIED and PASTED from my post in The Guildhall) ---> http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,169188.0.html

I have created a siege map, Brichtenstein Castle. You will see i got influences from Helms Deep. Smile want to put it with your custom maps? PM or contact me on Steam; Stuboi0
Its near completion Smile
This map is uploaded on my own server, The_Wolfpack_Den (24 player)

Horizon View:
Side view of the castle:
Inside with the archer towers and gates:
View of the inner keep area:
Other side of the inner keep area:
Within the Keep, Flag is at the top:
Overall view:
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also here is an all game type map, excluding conquest (headquarters) and siege. Razz

I've called it Swadian Town, I will try and add fog/mist and make it night time. Razz I wanted to get this map to be suitable for Hunt Mod Razz Unfortunately, the Hunt mod died (AGAIN!) so its used as just an urban native map, the disadvantage is that it is bigger than most think, so you will need quite a few players, at least 15 or 16 or so for it to be good Razz

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Stuboi0
Associate

Back to top Go down

Stuboi of Wolfpack's Work Empty Re: Stuboi of Wolfpack's Work

Post  Deaf Blind Dave Sat May 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Awesome work it looks great. Welcome to the guild stuboi0! Feel free to post any tips of tutorials you desire in our tips and tactics session.
Deaf Blind Dave
Deaf Blind Dave
Guild Master

https://cegmb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KissMyAxe Mon May 09, 2011 6:36 pm

Played Brichtenstein Castle the other day on GK_Siege. Although it's very pretty, I don't think it was ever meant to be captured Sad I've never seen the attackers make it past the second wall. You might want to remove one of the walls (I'd suggest the inner one), so that it's more balanced. Also, it encourages the defenders to spam archers: there are two very good towers with great vantage points, and only one way for the infantry to reach them -- the bridge, which is an easy choke-point to defend, and it's also in an archer cross-fire from multiple points. So, in order to remedy that without totally redesigning the map, I'd add a couple of siege ladders for the second wall, so that the attackers can get up it at multiple points. Apart from that, thanks for the new map.

KissMyAxe
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Nader Sun May 29, 2011 3:56 am

Right, first post. I got directed here by someone I was playing with and I wanted to give you a few suggestions for this map.

1) The second wall is a nightmare for attackers. How to fix it? Simple. Spread those gates to opposite ends of the wall. This way, the defenders have to spread out their resources. As it is, they can just cluster around the center and hold it till the cows come home. This is bad. If you want to keep your little "Two towers and a bridge" layout, make it one big gate, and then add large, destructible doors to both ends. Anything to spread the defense out more.

2) Plenty of fun for defending archers, this map is shit for anyone else, especially unshielded infantry and attacking archers. How to fix? More buildings! More cover! Add lots of blind spots and ways to sneak onto the walls to get the drop on the archers (once you're past the ladders and what have you!). As it is, they just rain death down indiscriminately and it isn't much fun for anyone else.

3) Make it less futile for attackers! Each ring should be hard-won, yes, but they should provide whoever holds them with a nice boost! For example, giving the attackers who captured and held the second wall a clear and unobstructed view of the enemy archers would let them keep them pinned down long enough to give them a chance to make it over the third and final wall in between defensive spawns and capture the flag.

Just off the top of my head. It's 3am and I need sleep. G'night!

Josef Nader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down